PRICE CHECK 2014

Wednesday 9 July 2014

I was punished for being ‘too good looking’ - Woman claims [PHOTOS]

A woman living in the United Kingdom claims she was punished for being too good looking after stealing more than $95,000 in council money and spending it on designer clothes.

Michaelea Hutchings, 23, blew the money on shoes, handbags and sunglasses last year and has been ordered to pay back all the money before Christmas Eve or face jail time.
The money had been accidentally transferred into her account by Lichfield Council in central England.
But Hutchings said she was targeted because she is pretty and that authorities would have been a lot more lenient if “she wasn’t much to look at”.
“They’re punishing me because of the way I look,” she said.
“If I wasn’t much to look at and played the card of ‘Oh, I only get this a month, I was in a bit of a sticky situation’, I reckon I’d have got a slap on the wrist and just paid back a fiver a week.”
She was charged with retaining a wrongful credit and given a one-year community order with 150 hours of unpaid work.
Hutching’s has repaid most of the money but is considering appealing her “unfair” repayments.
“I pleaded guilty, but the only person guilty is the person who put the money in my account. I don’t think I should have been punished the way I was. It’s just outrageous.”
Do you agree with her? 

No comments:

Post a Comment